Saturday, January 7, 2012

Two Zero One Two

The new year is already 2% of the way over. Time really flies, you know?

32 is my new favorite number. The reason is that 29, 30, and 31 are the first 3 sequential numbers to each have an odd number of distinct prime factors while 33, 34, and 35 are the first 3 sequential numbers to each have an even number of distinct prime factors. 32 is divisible by the same prime five times and is excluded from either of the other categories. It's a hard life being the number 32, but somebody had to do it.

My last semester of college (unless I pursue graduate work) begins for me in just 2 more days. I've purchased all my extremely expensive books and all my extremely cheap lined paper, but I still need to register for one of my classes, and I also need to pick up a few dozen extra mechanical pencils. I have only 4 classes compared to my usual 6, and only 3 days a week that I have to be in Orlando. I'm looking forward to a slightly lighter course load. My courses are Corporate Finance, Matrix and Linear Algebra, Biology, and Physics. I'll leave it to you to guess which two of the four classes make me excited.

I just received word yesterday that I passed my third actuarial exam. Epic beyond belief. Now I just have to pass two more before I get to the real ones. Wonderful.

Life is good. If you don't believe me, look at this:




The boat proves everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment